Fearless Finance, Privacy Notice
Effective May 2, 2017
This Privacy Notice explains how Fearless Finance, (“Fearless Finance” or “we”) collects, uses, shares, handles, secures, and processes information about Users of Fearless Finance’s website, mobile app, and related services (collectively, “Services”).
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to ensure that it reflects Fearless Finance’s current data privacy practices. The Privacy Notice posted here always will be current, and we will notify Users of any material changes to the Privacy Notice via an email to the most recent email address on record with Fearless Finance.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice.
To register Users for our Services and process payments, Fearless Finance may collect the following categories of User Information:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Credit card number, type, expiration date, and security code
- Password for Fearless Finance Services
We also collect automated log data such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, MAC addresses, browser type, mobile device type, operating system, metadata, and the date and time that the User accessed the Services.
The Services help Users organize their finances, track their spending, and understand their financial situation. To do so, Fearless Finance allows Users to voluntarily provide information that helps to customize financial reports that are automatically generated by the Services. The general types of information that Fearless Finance may request that Users provide for these reports include:
- Personal information, such as birth year, familial status, whether the User owns a home, and when the User plans to retire
- Cash flow, such as regular monthly income
- Targeted and actual monthly spending, such as transactions from recent credit card or checking statements
- Annual Expenses for sporadic expenses such as vacations, camp, or car insurance
- Savings and debts
- Retirement savings
- Estate planning data
- Life insurance
Fearless Finance’s Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. Fearless Finance does not knowingly store or collect information from children under the age of 13.
If a User would like to review or request changes to information stored on the Services and is unable to do so via the website or mobile app, the User may email email@example.com.
We may use the User information for the following purposes:
- Delivering customized financial reports to Users
- Providing, maintaining, understanding, and improving the Services
- Communicating with Users about the Services
- Delivering relevant advertising to Users of the Fearless Finance website, app, or other Service
- Processing payments and other transactions with Users
- Any other purposes to which Users consent at the time their information is collected
Fearless Finance may provide third parties with the information that it has collected from or about a User, provided that the sharing is conducted for one of the following purposes:
- Obtaining services such as website and mobile app development, data storage, analytics, technical support, and website hosting
- Processing payments for Fearless Finance services
- Complying with legal requirements and responding to lawful court orders and other valid legal process
- Protecting the rights, property, or safety of Fearless Finance or others, or assisting in the investigation of fraud or any other activity that is suspected of violating the law or Fearless Finance’s Code of Conduct
- As part of a merger, partial or complete acquisition, bankruptcy, asset sale, financing, consolidation, restructuring, liquidation, or similar corporate transaction. In the event of a corporate transaction that would result in the transfer of User information, Fearless Finance would inform Users via their most recent e-mail address on record with Fearless Finance and a prominent notice on FearlessFinance.com
- Transferring any anonymized or aggregated information, provided that no individual could be identified by the information, for purposes including but not limited to delivering advertising on our Services
- Under any other circumstance to which the User consents after being notified.
A Small Entity Compliance Guide
Please see Fearless Finance's Final Model Privacy Form Under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act here.
Fearless Finance takes reasonable measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. These include the use of encryption to protect personal information in transit and at rest, and the use of cloud storage providers that comply with industry standards such as ISO 27001 and PCI Level 1. Fearless Finance restricts access to Users’ personally identifiable information to employees, service providers, and others who need to access the information to provide Fearless Finance Services.
Your California Privacy Rights
The California Shine the Light Law requires companies to disclose certain information shared with third parties that is used for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Fearless Finance does not share Users’ personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Nonetheless, if you are a California resident, you may request information about the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fearless Finance’s headquarters is in the United States and, regardless of where you use our Services or otherwise provide information to us, your information may be transferred to, maintained, and processed by Fearless Finance and our service providers in the United States or other jurisdictions in which we or they operate. Please note that privacy laws, regulations, and standards in the jurisdictions in which your information may be maintained and processed may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence and such information may be subject to lawful access by U.S. or other foreign courts, law enforcement, and governmental authorities.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at Fearless Finance, P.O. Box 32096, Washington, DC 20007.